When I think of Summer, I see images of fresh fruits, limonade, watermelon, time at the beach, vacations and BBQ’s. Now that it’s officially summer and festivities are starting, I wanted to share a BBQ chicken sauce recipe that you should definitely make this Summer.
Why this recipe?
It is simple, can be prepared in 10 minutes and cooks without needing to babysit it every 5 minutes. I have already made it a few times and Sasha loves it as much as I do, but that’s probably the taste of the ketchup in the sauce, lol!
This is not my original recipe but was taken from another food blog which I will put the direct link to it in the recipe box. However, I kinda interpreted the recipe a different way since I used the wrong ingredient the first time I made it, which was actually the main ingredients (oups!). Nevertheless, we all loved it, and kept going back for more! So today I am sharing with you my “oups, I did it wrong” version of the recipe but which was still oh soo good.
***You can also add this sauce on couscous, pasta or chicken, I have tried it and it is delicious!
I also doubled the original recipe since I did not find it was enough for a family meal.
- ⅔ cup of ketchup
- ⅔ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar or honey
- 4 garlic gloves minced
- 2 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 chicken drumsticks or 2 pounds
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the sauce by putting all of the ingredients together in a medium saucepan and stirring.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the chicken drumsticks, cover and cook for about 25 minutes, making sure that the chicken is covered with sauce and mixing once to rotate the chicken.
- Transfer the sauce and the chicken to a 9x9" pan in the oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Color your style! Color your food! Color your life!