This is by far the easiest, healthy and oh so good vegan chocolate mousse recipe.
I tried this recipe for the first time years ago when I lived with my brother who was on a raw diet. Being the chocolate lover that I am, I did not want to give up eating any desserts, let alone chocolate. So when I ate this raw chocolate mousse, I wanted more. I think that I probably made this dessert as a meal replacement a few times since it was that good, hahaha!
Naturally, when I thought of recipes for this Valentine’s Day I had to share it with you.
My golden rule for Valentine’s Day has always been give me anything chocolate and I will be the happiest girl.
LET’S GET STARTED…
Just a quick note that I also tried doing this recipe with cacao powder instead of melted chocolate and much preferred the sweeter taste of the chocolate. If you use cacao powder then only 3 tbsp are necessary as well as adding a sweetener such as maple syrup, agave syrup or lots of dates to remove the bitterness of the cacao.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 35g or a little less than ¼ cup of melted dark chocolate
- 6 small dates (or 3 if using the large medjool dates)
- Using a food precessor add all ingredients before mixing.
- -Scoop out the inside of the avocados removing the pit
- -Add the dates removing the pit.
- Chop the chocolate in chunks, add 1 Tbsp of water or coconut cream and melt in the microwave for 20seconds. Mix well until smooth then add to the mixer.
- Using the food processeur mix until you get a smooth texture.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or eat it right away if you cannot wait that long. :-))
Note: You can always add different flavors to this simple chocolate mousse such as:
-1 Tsp of your favorite liqueur, if you wish to add alcohol
-2 Tbsp of coconut cream or coconut milk to reduce the thickness of the chocolate mousse