This recipe will surprise you!
When I think of smoothies, I think of fruits and nutrients plain and simple. So when I happened to receive an e-newsletter from “The Food Babe” stating that smoothies should contain less fruits and more vegetables or other food that contains less sugar. Yes, I was a little disappointed but also intrigued.
This recipe was inspired by a smoothie recipe in a health magazine. It contains less sugar and fruits and has an ingredient made me think twice…really?? Doubting that it could be that good, I decided to try it. I finally made some slight ajustements to the ingredients to make it taste just a little sweeter and fun to drink, hehe!
This is great as a snack or when you feel sluggish, not very hungry but need more energy.
- 1 cup frozen mangoes (you may add a little more)of
- ¾ cup of carrot juice
- ⅓ cup of cooked red lentils (boil ¼ cup of lentils)
- 1tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley
- ½ tbsp of goji berries (if available for extra nutriments and added sweetness)
- 3 ice cubes
- a splash of orange juice for sweetness
- Cook the red lentils for 15 minutes in water.
- Blend everything together. If you have time, let the lentils cool a little before add them.
Color your style, color your food, color your life!